From their site: http://www.familiesunitedmission.com/
Families United for Our Troops and Their Mission is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization. We are a grassroots coalition of Gold Star and Blue Star families including some with loved ones in harm's way, Veterans, and Americans who share a deep appreciation for our men and women in uniform and support them in their efforts to make America safer by allowing them to complete their mission.
Families United for Our Troops and Their Mission provides a means for our Gold Star Families, who have lost loved ones in the defense of our nation, to find solace in each other’s company, and know that many others share their love, admiration and support for our armed forces. We want all the friends and families of our troops to know that we share their vision of finishing the incredibly vital task at hand and look forward to welcoming them home when the inevitable victory is achieved.
Families United for Our Troops and Their Mission has four basic principles. They are:
- The United States was attacked. On September 11, 2001, our nation was victim to an unprovoked attack by al-Qaeda terrorists. This horrific assault was the capstone of a series of al-Qaeda terrorist attacks on our country: the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Towers, the 1998 bombing of our U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, and the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole. Our President and government leaders were right to defend our nation by aggressively pursuing the terrorists who took refuge in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Our troops want to finish the job. Our all-volunteer Armed Services are comprised of brave men and women who believe in their mission, trust in their leadership, and strongly want to finish the job in Afghanistan and Iraq before leaving - and that means leaving behind self-governing democracies that can defend themselves.
- Democracy abroad is necessary for our security at home. Democracy can and will work in the Middle East. Iraqis and Afghans want to govern themselves and their twin successes will serve as the keystone for a more democratic, more peaceful world.
- We will not be safe until the terrorists are defeated. If we do not finish the job in Afghanistan and Iraq, terrorists will be strengthened and will eventually bring the fight to us here in the United States.
3. Promote our service members' good work. Actively work to get the good news out by participating in media interviews and writing guest opinions; joining others at events to highlight the accomplishments of our soldiers; and sponsoring advertisements to ensure that the public knows everything our military is doing to defend us and to help people abroad.
Although anyone can join Families United who believes in our four principles, our organization expressly seeks to recruit War on Terror veterans, Blue Star and Gold Star families, all Armed Service veterans and Veteran Service Organizations, and community leaders and organizations.