Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Obama Has Another Muslim Quote Slip

Watch It:


Read It:

In an interview Sunday with ABC's "This Week" host George Stephanopoulos, Obama tried to suggest that FOX News and others "closely allied" to Republicans are promulgating the notion that the Illinois senator is Muslim.

Asked about whether McCain himself has done anything to suggest he's Muslim, Obama said, "Let's not play games. What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come..."

"Christian faith," Stephanopoulos interrupted, correcting Obama.

"... my Christian faith. Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either. What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time," Obama said.

Obama's 'My Muslim Faith' Gaffe Fuels New Round of Rumor-Busting from Fox News

See Also:
Obama 57 State Slip

No comments: